1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

will i be able to connect to wifi at home?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by becci92, Sep 3, 2011.

1. becci92

becci92 Lurker

Now, this may sound like a silly question, but i don't want to be dissapointed again like i was when i got my blackberry!

Anyway, im thinking of getting the Samsung galaxy SII on contract, and i've read that it can connect via wifi to the cloud and bt openzone.....so, if i get it, will i be able to connect to the internet at home?

When i got my blackberry on PAYG i thought i'd be able to do this, but turned out I had to pay each month to use my own wifi which i already pay for!

So, someone please enlighten me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

yes on contract phones you can, That is the problem eith PayG phones you have to pay extra for things like internet etc

3. becci92

becci92 Lurker

ahh thankyou!i see u have this phone, is it worth getting? imstuck between this and the LG optimus 2x

4. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

Im loving it yes the battery can drain in heavy use but there are ways round it it

But it is superb phone go and try them both out if you can and feel and feature wise etc I was considering Xperia Arc. You will never want a PayG again lol

5. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Hi, how do you mean?
    if you have a wireless router (from your internet service provider) at home, you can connect to it, you will need the password (if it has one) and thats it, otherwise the BTopenzone hotspots are pretty much everywhere and you will need your username and passord to connect to this, I use this alot also, its very handy.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews