• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will i have to pay for ics?

jakkebrown

Feb 29, 2012
I don't know what you guys know allready but google have declared that we are going to have to pay for and add free ics from update 4.04. And the add version, of course, will have access to all ur private info and google will sell that info to other companys. The add free version will cost $49.99 a year! You will get $25 in google play credit though. My question is will it affect my ice cream sandwich that I have been waiting months for? I do know that the ics beta released this week for the xperia play is 4.03. Anyone have any info for me?
Thanks in advance

I don't know what you guys know allready but google have declared that we are going to have to pay for and add free ics from update 4.04. And the add version, of course, will have access to all ur private info and google will sell that info to other companys. The add free version will cost $49.99 a year! You will get $25 in google play credit though. My question is will it affect my ice cream sandwich that I have been waiting months for? I do know that the ics beta released this week for the xperia play is 4.03. Anyone have any info for me?
Thanks in advance

W.T.F.?
I'm pretty sure you're wrong, because of the nature of the is, you cannot release an "ad" version and not have it hacked & fixed within days.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Thanks in advance

Please provide your source of this information as I am not aware of any such thing and find it very unlikely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones