• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will it be in Store August 20th?

Crudes

Apr 28, 2010
I spoke with a CSR on chat and she indicated that it will not be in the store August 20th.

Further, she claims it will be $350 (with mail in rebate of $50) if purchased in store.

Also interesting, I had originally asked about how to transfer upgrades/lines across the family plan in order to maintain my Grandfathered Unlimited Data. This CSR indicates that if the upgrade associated to my line is transfered to another line, MY line would lose Unlimited Data.

Dialog below:
You: And am looking to upgrade my phone - I do not want to lose my grandfathered data. There is a line on my family plan that is at 2gb/month
You: Am I able to upgrade the 2gb/month line with the phone I want, and then transfer it to my line
LoLetta: You sure can as long as that line is eligible for an upgrade?
You: It happens to be, but even if it were not... wouldn't I be able to give that line my upgrade
LoLetta: no if you give your upgrade to any other line or upgrade your line you will lose the unlimited data.

LoLetta: Yes it is $299.99, it is $50 more in the store when they get them, they are actually not available in the store as they are not out yet.
You: So it is $350 in store?
You: Tomorrow, they will be in store..
LoLetta: You would get the device if you order online before they are in the stores.
You: They are scheduled to be in stores tomorrow.
You: It wouldn't matter, as I need to see if I like the device.
LoLetta: I am unsure if they will be in stores tomorrow as they do not ship until the 27th.

LoLetta may just see "Ships on the 27th" on their webpage and not know any better, that it had originally been the 20th and (I think) some have already shipped.

I'd bet they'll be in stores tomorrow. I sure hope so. Maybe that dude that works at a VZW store will chime in here.

I don't get the $50 extra bit for being in the store. How does that even make sense. Or if it is I'd hope there's an instant rebate.

Upvote 0
motorola usually has $50 MIR so expect 350 at checkout and 50 back if you do it in stores (online is instant rebate)

and yes they will be in stores tomorrow... as i stated in another thread our store has had them since last thursday.

I always buy online to avoid the mail in rebate. There is also a $30 activation fee. Mine is at my local Fed Ex facility to be delivered tomorrow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones