• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will Modaco help my big issue?

huntsman84

Feb 3, 2010
Hi everybody, lately, I have been feeling urged to root and install the latest ModaCo rom on my Hero. I've had my phone for a few months now, so I feel comfortable enough with it to be able to hopefully do it without any problems.

I was just wondering, I know ModaCo is supposed to improve lag, but it seems like every video I watch/complaints I hear about just show the ROM being quicker sliding between screens and opening apps. I don't really have that issue with my hero, I can open apps quickly and slide between screens without any lag on the stock 1.5 rom.

BUT, my big problem with this phone (which I'm hoping a custom rom will help). Is the keyboard. Does ModaCo improve the keyboard lag at all? I mean I've read around and saw a few people mention things about it, but I just wanted to know if it's as smooth as dare I say, an iPhone. Right now, every time I text I just get frustrated because the phone can't keep up, or I hit send and it freezes for a few seconds then finally sends and closes the message.

This is my biggest problem with the phone (likely my only problem, really). Will a custom rom help at all or should I just live with it? I just want texting to be enjoyable instead of painful.

Hi everybody, lately, I have been feeling urged to root and install the latest ModaCo rom on my Hero. I've had my phone for a few months now, so I feel comfortable enough with it to be able to hopefully do it without any problems.

I was just wondering, I know ModaCo is supposed to improve lag, but it seems like every video I watch/complaints I hear about just show the ROM being quicker sliding between screens and opening apps. I don't really have that issue with my hero, I can open apps quickly and slide between screens without any lag on the stock 1.5 rom.

BUT, my big problem with this phone (which I'm hoping a custom rom will help). Is the keyboard. Does ModaCo improve the keyboard lag at all? I mean I've read around and saw a few people mention things about it, but I just wanted to know if it's as smooth as dare I say, an iPhone. Right now, every time I text I just get frustrated because the phone can't keep up, or I hit send and it freezes for a few seconds then finally sends and closes the message.

This is my biggest problem with the phone (likely my only problem, really). Will a custom rom help at all or should I just live with it? I just want texting to be enjoyable instead of painful.

TBH typing on my keyboard is as fast with MoDaCo than it was with Stock. Perhaps opening the keyboard has increased in speed a bit, but typing was never really laggy. I do have 'Sound feedback' and 'Vibrate when typing' turned off and it's calabrated. My main reason for going with MoDaCo was Apps2SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones