• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will Moment users get an auto update to 2.1?

Rez90

Apr 28, 2010
I called Sprint a while back and they said that an automatic update will be sent out to all moment users early in April. I called to ask because a bunch of my friends with Droids got the update in march.

I still haven't seen anything. I am not looking to root the phone and lose data etc because i'm not that computer savy and i simply don't have the time.

Does anyone know if we're going to get an automatic update?

Thanks.

yeah, my buddy with a droid did not have to do anything, auto update and he did not lose anything stored on his phone.

The droid update is from 2.0 to 2.1, the Moment update is from 1.5 to 2.1, that is a much bigger jump. I'm not sure that your phone is going to be wiped, but it might be a good thing if it is. Not all the apps that work on 1.5 will work on 2.1, so you would be better off looking for new apps. Google snyc will take care of your contacts.

Upvote 0
This is what will happen:

- 2.1 will be available via a web download and OTW (computer USB flash)

- We will most likely get a notification but I doubt it will come before the official download is available. Check this forum (or better SDX) often for faster notification.

- The 2.1 update will wipe your phone. This is guaranteed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones