1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Will my Gear S smartphone work with Verizon?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jack58, Mar 25, 2016.

1. jack58

jack58 Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Photography, Computers
    Tacoma, WA
    I had the Note 4 & the Gear S with AT&T and it worked great. I only connected with Blue Tooth and text mail. I didn't have to pay extra either. However, since I dumped AT&T and signed up at Verizon, and got a new S7 Edge, my Gear S smartwatch won't work? I figured at least Bluetooth would work? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

#1 jack58, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. jack58

jack58 Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Photography, Computers
    Tacoma, WA
    OK, after spending the last two day online and not finding a solution and no help here either, I figured it out myself how to make it work. I was working with AT&T, so I thought maybe if I did a factory reset, it might work.
    VIOLA!!! Now it works. I have to reinstall the apps & settings that I had before, but all is well and I'm a happy camper.
    I posted this in case someone down the road has the same problem.
    UPDATE: (This is if your changing phones, not the Carriers)
    I wanted to add, you have to do the factory reset from the watch. scroll down and select settings, then scroll down to where it says "Reset Gear", select that. After factory reset, then make sure Samsung Gear on the phone is updated. Then go into the phones setting and turn on Bluetooth and it will find your phone. Then your good to go from there.

#2 jack58, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    KOLIO and mikedt like this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.