1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Will not auto sync gmail mail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nhriczo, Jul 18, 2011.

1. nhriczo

nhriczo Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    I have had the evo shift for about 2 weeks now and my battery died one day when I didnt have the charger handy. Since then, my gmail application will not auto-sync to let me know when I have a new email. All boxes are checked correctly and spent an hour on support call with sprint to fix this but it did not work. I see other threads that mention this problem but cannot find a solution. It is very tedious to click the sync now button every time I want to check for new messages since I get well over 40 emails per day and I want to respond immediately. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Enraged21

Enraged21 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Try going into manage applications and clearing data.

3. DrWoo

DrWoo Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hello,

New to the forums but I have been bugged by this as well... I bought my evo shift in Feb, and it worked perfectly fine. Then a few weeks ago, the android update hit, and well the push hasn't worked since. Email, calendar, tasks, contacts nothing. Let me rephrase that, the push is working but it is all delayed by several hours at a time. I can however manually refresh, but who wants to do that?

Again, this all started with the last update. My dad has a droid on verizon, same issue. Brother has a EVO on sprint, in a different state, same issue.... Anyone know what's going on?

4. mavmannate

mavmannate Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Freight Broker
    Kansas
    From what I've read, the gmail PUSH feature that pushes your mail to your phone like a txt does instantly doesnt work. However if you stop using your mail on your phone and download k-9 email from the market, it works. It worked for me and its just as instant as a text message. And I like the app's User Interface is too.

First post! Woowhoooo! :D