• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will not switch on

Roose1818

Lurker
May 25, 2010
Morning people

Having major problems here. I bought a sim free HTC Desire and have had it for 3 days now.

I sent a message from the phone, pushed the power button to put it on stanby and then put it down. When i came back to it i pushed the power button to take it off standby but there was no response. First i thought maybe it had switched itself off so held down the power button to switch it back on but nothing. I then tried charging it up but the phone didnt recognise the charger was connected (No red charge light) I then removed the battery for the night and re tried it this morning but still nothing.

All very frustrating so was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, if anyone has heard about this or has any information about what i can do. Thanks in advance.

The same happened to me tonight, also after a few days of use :mad:
In my case, however, it seems that it was caused by the SD card going kaputt (for some reason, it all but stopped working while staying in the Desire).
I have now replaced the old 8GB the phone's original 4GB, and it has worked without a glitch so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones