• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will Office documents appear correctly?

First time posting, and I couldn't see this info when I searched for it.

I'd like to know if I open office documents (like word) on an android device, will they be faithful or will their be changes?

I mean, if I make a document on my Windows 7 PC and transfer it to my android tablet, will it look like it did on the windows pc?

Thinking about getting an android tablet because they are so much cheaper, but I really need to know this. Thanks.

If you have an app on your tablet that can read Word docs, then yes. The computer doesn't read documents, the apps do. Some "office" apps can barely turn a .doc or .docx file into text, others render it almost perfectly. On the same phone or tablet.

Thanks, Rukbat. Which app is generally known to be the most true? I heard Office King was good.

I can live with 'almost perfect', especially since I will most likely be able to view the document and correct it before I display it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones