• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Will Otterbox ever release their cases?

You guys have to realize that they aren't a huge company with 10,000 employees. If I owned the company I would have put all of my R&D guys on the iPhone 4 as well. That's where the money is at. How many DInc cases do you really think they'll sell? Few hundred? A thousand tops? Sure they'll make a profit, but not nearly as much as for the iPhone 4. Yes, the iPhone and Steve Jobs are both devil spawn, :D but that's where the money is at...

Upvote 0
You guys have to realize that they aren't a huge company with 10,000 employees. If I owned the company I would have put all of my R&D guys on the iPhone 4 as well. That's where the money is at. How many DInc cases do you really think they'll sell? Few hundred? A thousand tops? Sure they'll make a profit, but not nearly as much as for the iPhone 4. Yes, the iPhone and Steve Jobs are both devil spawn, :D but that's where the money is at...
A few hundred? Or a few thousand?

These phones can barely be had months after they release. We aren't even on the topic that theres no possibility of there even being less than a few hundred thousand of the EVOs and DINCs released.
Maybe you don't get the fact that the incredible was out for 2 months prior to the iphone 4? How is 2 months not enough time? Hell they pumped out an iphone 4 case within 3 weeks of launch.

Upvote 0
Maybe you don't get the fact that the incredible was out for 2 months prior to the iphone 4? How is 2 months not enough time? Hell they pumped out an iphone 4 case within 3 weeks of launch.

No, I get that fact. I've had the DInc since release day:D. I knew before I had the phone that I'd want an Otterbox for it. I've emailed them from seven different email addresses and have called twice from different numbers asking them for cases for it. The DInc is a bit more complicated remember. The textured back, Big camera with leds off to the side, etc. It'll be here, and my crappy Seidio Innocase II will have to suffice till then.

Upvote 0
Impact Series has already been killed off, according to Otterbox rep posting on Facebook. I don't think they'll ever produce a case for the Incredible, it's been 3.5 months and nothing, not even a picture has been posted. Vaporware until they prove it exists. They can jump through hoops for the Apple fanboys and get a case out in 3 weeks though, gotta love that. They aren't getting my money either way.

"OtterBox Justin- I followed up regarding the Impact Series and have been informed that due to low demand it was decided to kill that project in order to focus energy on completing the Defender Series and Impact Series cases.

Freddie- Design is completed. We just don't have cases available for sale yet."

Upvote 0
Impact Series has already been killed off, according to Otterbox rep posting on Facebook. I don't think they'll ever produce a case for the Incredible, it's been 3.5 months and nothing, not even a picture has been posted. Vaporware until they prove it exists. They can jump through hoops for the Apple fanboys and get a case out in 3 weeks though, gotta love that. They aren't getting my money either way.

"OtterBox Justin- I followed up regarding the Impact Series and have been informed that due to low demand it was decided to kill that project in order to focus energy on completing the Defender Series and Impact Series cases.

Freddie- Design is completed. We just don't have cases available for sale yet."

Was it their typo? I assume they mean Commuter series and Defender Series.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I am wrong but the cases that are left over are just other versions of the innocase and the active from seidio. The one they removed would be most similar to the Rugged?

The one they removed is just a silicone case. Granted it's the best silicone case ever but...I've got one for my iPod touch, it's awesome. I'll be getting the defender and commuter cases for the DInc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones