1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

will pay to root (Cleveland, OH)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dizzle16, May 9, 2011.

1. dizzle16

dizzle16 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 5, 2011
    Male
    Cleveland, Ohio
    As the title implies I live in the cleveland area and am looking to pay someone to root my optimus S. Reply and ill msg my number to talk price if you're up for the task. It is simply something I don't feel knowledgeable enough to do myself.

Advertisement

2. shinedown87

shinedown87 Member
    None

Nov 26, 2010
    I'm not in the area, but you may have more success looking for someone HERE. Good luck.

3. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Not that hard, D. :)

4. dizzle16

None

May 5, 2011
    Male
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I imagine its not tre. I actually have the cajones to try today. If you can take a look at the thread i just posted. Im having a little problem figuring out how to type my command for where i put the android sdk tools even though im looking right at them lol. I am the rookie of all rookies guys. super new to this but ive studied this stuff like its a bar exam lol.

5. magicman08

magicman08 Lurker
    None

May 15, 2011
    USA
    did you have any luck?

6. ramone926

ramone926 Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2010
    dizzle...I'm in Canton, Ohio. It's really alot simpler now than you think or it used to be. You need a few things.

1. A fully charged phone.
    2. Astro file manager
    3. gingerbreak.apk

Install astro from the market. Back up your apps, sync your contacts and improtant info stored to your phone.

Place gingerbreak on the root of your sd card(that means not in a folder, but in the main log where all the folders show up.)

Open Astro and install gingerbreak.(Make sure that you have enabled installing 3rd party apps. If you haven't it will prompt you too.)

Run ginbreak and voila!!!

7. dizzle16

None

May 5, 2011
    Male
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Sorry guys I put this up last Sunday night and woke up last Monday morning determined to get it done and with help from a great guy named jondevere. It definately wasn't easy though lol. It took .8 hrs but I'm rooted running Cyanogenmod 7 and I LOVE IT. 165 MB of internal memory on a optimus s. Doubled battery life and this gingerbread keyboars is sweet. Sorry for not updating this and thanks a million for your guys help.

8. ramone926

ramone926 Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2010
    dizzle where did you find cm7 for optimus s?

9. dizzle16

None

May 5, 2011
    Male
    Cleveland, Ohio
    A link was sent to me by the guy who helped me. I put a post on forum.androidcentral.com and he sent me a app that rooted the phone but then a lot more stuff. Just Google "root optimus s" and go to that site, you'll even see my post where Jondevere offered to help the day it got done. But he knows Drew Walton who is one of a few major brains behind the process. But it can be done and I don't have any bugs, the phone is better than it was. The first step would be rooting, and I can say for a fact help is out there. Once again I gotta say THANK YOU to those who helped me. Plus there's a site for