1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Will replacing menu/return keys fix non-working due to wetness?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ranger519v, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Ranger519v

Ranger519v Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Folks,

New to forum but plan to spend spare reading time here now that I've switched to Android.

My S3 got lightly wet. Did the rice drying for 48 hours. Everything seems to be functional except my return and menu keys. No lights, no click - nothing.

Searched and read all I could find. Did a factory reset, changed settings, still not working.

I've seen the youtube videos on how to change out ribbon and keys. Any experience out there as to whether doing so might fix my keys? Or, if they are fried, would it be farther up (after the ribbon an keys)?

I could install screen keys but I think everything I've read says I need to Root my phone. I haven't crossed into that territory yet.

Any help/experience would be appreciated!

Advertisement

2. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Once a phone gets wet, there's no way of determining exactly what got damaged in the process. Your best bet, if you want a fully functional phone, is to see about getting it replaced.

3. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
    The Soft Back and Menu buttons are actually a part of the touch screen Digitizer. You would have to replace the entire screen which has only one ribbon cable.