1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Will Rooting fix this

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fujiteam, Feb 20, 2012.

1. fujiteam

fujiteam Member

I have had just about enough with no volume control during phone calls. I also am not a big fan of guessing if my phone will lose 70% battery or 20% battery overnight. Will rooting be able to solve these problems?

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Android Enthusiast

Hard to say as first you need to know whats draining your battery. second you should have volume control stock. Have you messed with anything? added any new apps? rooting can help but you need to figure out your cause for rooting to help you more.

3. Chrizzl3

Chrizzl3 Android Enthusiast

rooting will fix everything

4. Dark Jedi

sorry that's not true.

5. fujiteam

fujiteam Member

I have a lot of apps, any way to tell which effect in call volume on a permission basis? It looked like dialer was eating up battery.

6. Dark Jedi

that I really don't know. Maybe scott or someone can answer your question. Only thing I can suggest is factory reset and add a few apps at a time. See which one affects it. But that's last resort as no one wants to do that

7. Shine 52

Shine 52 Member

I would root the phone. The only way to get the best out of the Thunderbolt is to root it. Its not going to solve all your problems but if you are serious about your phone and want performance, root it. It totally makes a difference and it teaches you how to manage your phone.

8. fujiteam

fujiteam Member

I have been thinking about rooting, can I see a noticeable improvement with out flashing a custom ROM ?

9. Shine 52

Shine 52 Member

If nothing else you can get rid of all the bloatware and uninstal/freeze apps you don't need which helps performance.

10. Chrizzl3

Chrizzl3 Android Enthusiast

put it on airplane mode overnight, you'll lose 1-2%maxx