1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

will screen problem be fixed soon with root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Dec 25, 2011.

1. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

since we have root acces to system files has anyone went about looking for the screen written section of the firmwire and try'd to figure out whats causing the sensitivity to go crazy while moving apps unlocking phone using swype etc?:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen on other threads, it's not the sensitivity that is an issue, it is that the phone doesn't recognize that your finger is still on the phone when movement has stopped or slowed. In essence, you may be touching the phone but it may think you have lifted and put down your finger multiple times (or that you aren't touching it at all).

3. smith058

smith058 Android Expert

if its a software problem, then probably... if its hardware then mostlikly not...

im thinking its software because it works fine when it registers two or more touch points.

my thoughts

4. bamaduc

bamaduc Member

I asked interdpth about this and he thinks it could be hardcoded. Hopefully not though.

5. spylenz

spylenz Lurker

The screen issue is the only real flaw in the phone I've seen while using it....its pretty annoying at times. Lol

6. falkner09

falkner09 Member

ive tried out my model and an in store demo model.the demo model had it far worse than mine, and more often. that tells me its a hardware issue, as if it was software, the problem would be equal across all models.

7. smith058

smith058 Android Expert

well if its hardware, then samsung should be liable and fix our phones!!!!

8. chevanlol360

ikr like take responsiblilty but i mean how are they gonna find out? they need mad ppl calling and annoying the sh*t out of them everyday, like how everyone was mad about the prevail it was all over the internet and many complaints sent to them. but because its a prepaid phone and its just a lil issue with da screen i guess they just gonna be a straight up b*tch and not do anything about it like recalling it or pushing out a update to fix it a lil bit.

9. anx

anx Lurker

chevanlol360 are you going to be able to fix this? what have you found out so far? can it be fixed? this bugs me when i play games!

10. chevanlol360

Me and my buddy has just started to work on it im not sure yet but we'll find out if we can fix it in about 3-4 days from now

sr17091 likes this.
  11. sr17091

sr17091 Well-Known Member

Yay! Now our touch screens will work properly

12. chevanlol360

"Might" lol not sure yet, if i can somehow decompile a file that is not a apk. but we'll see.

13. BobZhome

BobZhome Android Enthusiast

This may or may not be a kernel problem. I'd like to see a logcat to see if any errors are occurring with this issue.
    To get a logcat, open 'terminal emulator' (may need to download from market), or 'adb shell' from connected PC.
    With terminal emulator type:
    su
    logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

Press home (not back) button and try to reproduce the problem. When finished, go back into terminal emulator and press vol-down key then 'c' to stop logcat. Then copy/paste the info in /sdcard/log.txt to pastebin.com & copy the link to pastebin here.
    Thanks!

14. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

This phone has been out for nearly four months, and not a peep from Samsung about this. I can find you posts from at least half a dozen people who have called Samsung to tell them about this and been told that it is the first time they've heard of the problem. I have personally notified them through nearly every communication medium in existence. This should be criminal. ARGH. A$$holes. :mad:

15. DMajor239

DMajor239 Android Expert

Agreed

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews