1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Will Sense be able to be ported to Captivate?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thx10538, Jul 13, 2010.

1. thx10538

thx10538 Active Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Not saying that Samsung's UI is bad, because it seems like an interesting variation on Android, but I do love Sense UI and it'd be awesome on a 4" Super AMOLED display

I've heard that the SGS phones will probably get rooted quickly, if not already, so do y'all think there'd be any hardware issues?

check it:

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. aphexacid

aphexacid Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Chicago
    This would be amazing.

The Touchflo UI is very cheezy. Will always be.

3. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you mean TouchWiz.

& coming from someone who's been using TouchFlo 1.0 (a.k.a. Sense 1.0) for many years now, I'm definitely ready for something different.

4. sharukh007

sharukh007 New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    is there a way to disable touchwiz?

5. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Nope, short of rooting and replacing with a newly cooked rom

6. aphexacid

aphexacid Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Yeah, sorry about that. I'm always mixing those 2 up.

I really hate the bubbly colorful icons, and all the menus on the captivate. Thats my first priority when i get one, is getting rid of that.

I cant wait for it to be rooted, and a vanilla rom. CANT WAIT! This will be my first android phone.

I I've been an iphone user for years, i have the ip4 as well. But i've had my eye on android, and i think this is the time.

Time to get rid of my aging "tinkerer" phone, N95 and Touch Diamond.

7. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
  8. thx10538

thx10538 Active Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I have recently seen how awesome Launcher Pro is, so maybe a vanilla rom w/ that would be a pretty sweet change up.

I like how on the HTC Evo 4G you can turn Sense UI on and off. I think all the Android Skins should have this feature!

9. jonhcox

jonhcox Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    NC
    I'm just going to get the phone and install Launcher Pro on it, especially since it won't require rooting. I want to root it, just want to wait and see how they look.The only thing I don't like about the phone is the Samsung UI.

10. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Finance
    Missouri
    So I didn't really see any response (maybe no one knows)? Can Sense UI be put on the Captivate sometime in the future?

11. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Missouri
    It's not that easy. Somebody would have to take a ROM from a Desire for instance and port it to use the features and hardware of the Captivate. I'm guessing that's not an easy feat, considering they're different manufacturers and all. Magic 8-Ball Sez: Don't count on it.

thindery likes this.
  12. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Finance
    Missouri
    That's how I figured it would need to be done. I may try out Launcher Pro and see what that looks like. I wish their main site showed some screenshots and stuff though. Thansk!

13. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

The XDA crew (who else) announced a couple days ago that they've already started working on porting Sense to all Galaxy S devices.