• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will Sprint allow call blocking on Epic?

texphone

Jul 22, 2010
texas
I am thinking of getting the Epic.
But does sprint let you block calls from specific numbers?
On my current Virgin phone there is no blocking and i get tons of spam calls and voicemails.
So this is very important to have.
If Sprint doesn't, which of the other galaxy S providers allow blocking?

Carriers cannot block the calls or so they say....but with android and at least with the Moment you can have calls on your contacts go into v.m. So if you get an unwanted call add it to your contacts and have it go directly to voice mail...Texts you can block. I have done this on Sprints own site.

Upvote 0
Carriers cannot block the calls or so they say....but with android and at least with the Moment you can have calls on your contacts go into v.m. So if you get an unwanted call add it to your contacts and have it go directly to voice mail...Texts you can block. I have done this on Sprints own site.

yeh then my voicemail becomes useless because it is full of hundreds of spams

Upvote 0
I am thinking of getting the Epic.
But does sprint let you block calls from specific numbers?
On my current Virgin phone there is no blocking and i get tons of spam calls and voicemails.
So this is very important to have.
If Sprint doesn't, which of the other galaxy S providers allow blocking?

Regardless of what phone you have, Sprint allows blocking of specific numbers. Log into your account online and you can add numbers to the block list.

Upvote 0
+1 for Mr Number Call Block. I <3 this app. You can chooose how it blocks (pick up and hang up or send to voicemail). You can also block texts from numbers. You can choose all numbers starting with..., all numbers not in your contacts list, suspected spam, specific contacts, specific numbers, or all private/blocked numbers. It also has caller ID feature that you have to activate (there is a free option to do that).

Upvote 0
Yes, Sprint can. You can log on to your Sprint account to have specific phone numbers blocked from even calling you.

How do I know you're wrong? I'm doing this with a couple phone numbers right now. Sprint allows up to 35 phone numbers to be blocked at one time.

Looks like they upped the limit - my account page allows me up to 50 blocked numbers. Either way, great feature that I didn't seem to have with my previous carrier.

Upvote 0
Sprint CANNOT block calls. You can log onto your account and block TEXTs

Sprint CAN block calls. Log into your account > My Preferences > Limits and Permissions > Block Voice > select Block only the following phone numbers for inbound and outbound calls and add the number you want to block.

"You can block inbound and outbound calls for up to 50 phones numbers. Enter each 10 digit phone number below or quickly add numbers you've previously blocked by accessing your archive list..."

:D

Reactions: Youbetcha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones