• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root will sprint give me a new evo

Before you go to that extreme, do you have 4g in your area? If not then right now besides the knowledge of it, you won't miss them. There maybe a possible way in the future of getting them back.

You can unroot and take it in for service. Follow the directions in Rooting for Dummies about unrooting. You will need the s-on tool and the RUU for your hboot version.

This is my opinion so take it as such. If I were to lose my RSA keys, I would deal with it. I knew the risks of these things when I rooted my phone. Obviously it is your call to make.

Upvote 0
i lost my rsa wimax keys and i really want them but since my phone is rooted will they give me a new evo i do have insurance can i go back to stock without them noticing someone help :(

Just give Sprint a call from a different phone line and tell them you're phone isn't working. I believe they can fix your RSA keys over the phone and they can't tell you're rooted based on your phone call.

Upvote 0
do you have any nand backups that might have them? which recovery are you using? i beleive that clockwork automatically backs up your keys. if you have amon ra you have to manually select it when making a backup. i have a couple a nandroid backups saved on my computer that have the wimax keys. hope everything works out.

+1

Upvote 0
Just give Sprint a call from a different phone line and tell them you're phone isn't working. I believe they can fix your RSA keys over the phone and they can't tell you're rooted based on your phone call.

Not if you've lost your keys :p.

i do have 4g in my area i have clockwork i know its gone because i did a test and i made a backup about three days ago

Any idea what you did to lose your keys? Clockwork 2.6.0.1 and up will backup your wimax partition, allowing you to restore your keys, but only if they were there when you made the backup. If you made that backup after you lost your keys, it's pretty much useless. So, did you update radios or something like that? Do you have any backups from before doing something drastic that likely caused you to lose your keys?

EDIT: nevermind, I was helping you in another thread. I remember now what you said you did.

EDIT2: Here's the other thread for anyone else who wants to follow:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/276569-please-someone-help-me.html#post2272769

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones