1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will Sprint HTC Hero Get CM7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LBPHeretic, Jan 17, 2011.

1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

I looked around the CyanogenMod forums and have not seen much activity on a CyanogenMod 7 ROM for our handsets. I could have been looking in the wrong place, but I was in the Sprint HTC Hero section.

Does anyone know if we will be seeing a CyanogenMod 7 ROM for the Sprint HTC Hero? I apologize in advance if this is a taboo or stupid question. I know there may be some delay because our handset is relatively old now. I do not remember how long it took for the CyanogenMod 6 ROM to arrive because that was before I started looking into rooting as a viable option for my Sprint HTC Hero.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

Heretic - AOSP GB ROM is CM7 so far......

3. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

If aosp is the maintainer of CM7 then aospGB will be the only GB rom.

4. LBPHeretic

That is fine by me. I prefer stock and a clean slate to start out with anyway. :)

I guess my question was pretty dumb, but oh well. I know better for next time. ;)

5. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Me too, I prefer a stock AOSP rom but I do like some of the features that Cyanogen brings to the table;)

6. LBPHeretic

Agreed. That is why I am very much looking forward to the CyanogenMod 7 ROM that is being worked on for my B&N Nook Color. ;)

One way or another, I will have some form of CyanogenMod 7. Haha. :D

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews