1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will The Bionic sell out?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by New Rising, Sep 7, 2011.

1. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

Do you guys think the Bionic will sell out? I'm not planning on going to get it from best buy mobile till around 2 or 3. I dont think the phone is going to sell out, that's why I'm not worried about getting there early or when the store opens. Or should I go early just in case? Tomorrow's my day off and I dont wanna get up early :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jiznake

jiznake Newbie

I highly doubt it sells out, maybe a few a stores, and probably costco, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

3. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert

PERSONALLY - Id rather be safe than sorry.
    I asked my local store if they expect a "sellout" and they said "no, they told us we would sell out of iphones in 2 hrs, but it tooks us four days to sell out"...lol
    I hate getting up early too (college student) but If i want one, im gonna get one. lol

Ill prob show up in my pjs.haha. Ill prob be in a bad mood too cause the dum vzw rep is gonna be like "sir, let me walk you over here and Mary will help you setup your device" and im gonna be like "bitch i know what im doing, i wanna go back to bed"! lolz

I just hope its and "in and out" thing....

4. New Rising

I wish it could be an in and out thing for me. I'm adding 3 lines to my account for a family plan. I hope it goes smoothly, either way it's going to take awhile.

5. droidfan1

droidfan1 Android Enthusiast

As soon as it is paid for and activated, I am out of there. No "Do you want me to install your contactz and appz for you? I can HELP YOUZ SIR!!!"

Lol I am just gonna be super happy with my new toy when I get it :)

6. jroc

jroc Android Expert

It selling out depends. If they get a low inventory or want to put a marketing spin on it and intentionally get a low inventory...then it could sell out.

7. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Werd! I'll be at Costco bright & early. ;)

8. sx4dude2013

O lordy! haha. Good luck!
    Personally id "know my stuff" before I go in.

For example if you dont:
    My mom went to a store to get a basic phone, she left after an hr with a lg cosmos 2 for $150!!!! HELL NO!
    She got home and i returned it ASAP. Ordered it online and got it for ABOSULTLEY free.
    They sold her a "bundel pack" witha $29.99 car charger, case, screen protectors, all this crap. lol. Even a ringback tone! haha.
    Its a BASIC phone...all she does is txt and talk. She didnt need all the crap she got. Most VZW store reps IMHO are very very pushy. Some are and some are not. Anytime i got to VZW, i KNOW why im there, what I want, and how much it costs......makes it a very simple and pleasant trip :)
    GOOD LUCK!!!

9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

I said it in another thread but I called one of the three Verizon stores in town and the guy said "get here early!". No idea what that means but I'll be there at open regardless.

10. sx4dude2013

haha. yea Mary is gonna chase me out the store and jump on my car screaming "Dont forget about MyVerizon where you can mangage you data, blah, blah, blah"!!!! haha

11. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

It would not be the first time a device sells out, if supplies were constrained on purpose to create "sell out" buzz ;)

Heck, even the Droid 3 sold out and still is on backorder for some regions. Mainly due to VZW trying to purge Droid 2 inventory first, but the VZW folks I have spoken with all state customer demand of the Droid 3 surprised VZW.

xmr405o likes this.
  12. New Rising

I've been planning this for a looooong time, I'm pretty sure I've got everything in line. My dad and grandma are getting free flip phones, my mom's getting my Incredible. I'm transferring my number to The Bionic on a new line.

13. sx4dude2013

Just called my store to ask for an appt or if one was needed.
    He said that it wasnt neccessary and that they should have plently.
    He let me know that their doors open and 9am and to guarentee I get one to show up then.
    He was really friendly and professional....he must want my $400 :rolleyes: hahaha!

14. sx4dude2013

Sounds like you got it down. Knowing a gameplan really helps, keep in mind they work off commission..;)

Good luck and i hope everything works out :)

New Rising likes this.
  15. multanii

multanii Newbie

I called my local corporate store and they wouldnt tell me how many they had but she assured me that they had plenty of them. Im up in BFE NY state. I hope the salesman I like is there. The other ones range from really pushy to aloof. The guy I like knows his phones pretty well some of the other reps dont seem to have a clue.

16. hkklife

hkklife Member

I think it will be comparable to the Droid X rush last year: Initial availability will be OK and then once (if?) the positive reviews start to appear and good word of mouth reports emerge, there will be a sell-out for a month or so. By that point, everyone will be captivated with the iPhone 5, Droid Prime (or whatever) and all of the other holiday handsets. The Bionic will sell very well, IMO, at least in the short term due to the lack of any other high-profile releases around this time and the fact that a LOT of OG Droid 1 users may be ready to upgrade. I doubt the Bionic's momentum will carry it through the holiday season,however, so that could spell trouble for Moto.

17. dguy

dguy Android Expert

I wouldn't take chances. Top end Verizon Android phones selling out has happened before. It has happened with the Droid Incredible and Droid X(the most notorious ones) and it has happened briefly for the Droid X2 and the Droid 3 but those selling out didn't get a lot if any press coverage because they were not flagship devices.

18. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

The Incredible supply issue was due to Samsung displays, but the running rumor of the Droid X was "self imposed" supply issues, in order to generate buzz.

I simply think they did not make enough of them and it sold better than they thought it would.

19. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

Just FYI, she could have gotten all that from us for $10. :cool:

20. sx4dude2013

Dang. Next tme if a store is within 150 miles ill be coming to yall :) Its just to far of a trip!

21. YankeeDudeL

You should move closer to one so you can be prepared for the Droid Bionic 2. :D

xmr405o likes this.
  22. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

Not sure if it will sell out, but I didn't want to take any chances. My VZW rep said demand was high based off of customer interest and comments, but he will put one aside for me and not to worry. He said come in when you get off work and there will be one waiting for you sell out or no. He's really a great rep and always comes through so I am very happy.

23. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

I'd like that kind of rapport with a CSR at the local VZW store, but every one I have talked to there is a friggin' idiot. Including the hot redhead. They're all party line morons, doing what VZW said to do and not expressing a single objectively formed opinion of their own - only there to sell the phones and services, period.

I'm tempted to make a name tag with my AF user ID on there and a QR code linking to my profile...maybe that will make them either start being honest or else stfu....

24. YankeeDudeL

OoOoOoO...hot redhead? I'm there.

Actually, it was an experience like this that started me down the path I'm currently on.

25. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Surprised me too! But the D3 is a really really good phone so its not totally surprising especially with the bogo deal. I doubt the bionic will sell out because of the price. $299 is a lot of money. If it does sell out at VZW stores, ill be more surprised than I was with the D3 sell out.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews