• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the Camera EVER get better??

sukanas

Dec 6, 2009
I dont know if its just me but does the droid camera suck CRAP indoors? i always get a green tint (yes, i let the color balance settle in too) and the color just comes out whack. i had a BB tour before and its 3.2 MP camera does a WAY better job.. (oh and the ERIS does a better job too).

can this kind of issue be fixed by software or is this a hardware issue? thanks!

You really should have searched the forum before posting this, it has been discussed so many times and there are at least 10 different threads about it. As far is it being fixed I really don't know, if it is a hardware issue then we are SOL, it could just be software related but there is really no sure fire way of knowing. One hint to it being software relatted is the fact that a software update fixed the auto focus problem, so hopefully it can fix the quality of pics also.

Upvote 0
One hint to it being software relatted is the fact that a software update fixed the auto focus problem, so hopefully it can fix the quality of pics also.

That's not really correct. One bug does not have any effect on the likeyhood of another. I actually think the tint problems are more likely to be hardware related. If it were software are related, we would all get the bug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones