• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the EVO 4G get Ice Cream Sandwich?

ok first off the specs is for the evo shift and not the og evo, unfortunately. second the og evo is an eol phone so there will be no further updates coming to the beloved evo. the only option really is to root your phone and flash an ics rom which there are now a few of them. they are all in some form of alpha or beta versions as of now.

also i do not trust everything i read on the net. i am sorry but the christian post is not a place that i will get my latest tech news from. i am not try to diss the website, but there are better sources to get tech news from.

Actually they are describing the HTC EVO Design 4G, set to upgrade to Android 4.0. The EVO Shift only has an 800Mhz processor but still comes pact with Sense 2.1 mostly because of the smaller screen size, less for the processor to manage and all.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
zameus and koriwright.

i am running JTG ICS 4.0.3 Beta4 at the moment. Its a full ICS rom, NOT a CM7 with a skin. The dude has been good at keeping up the updates quite frequently... from the alpha 3 to now there has been huge improvements.

all the details can be found at blazin roms dot com.

but there is also a few more alpha builds and what not at XDA as well. I have not had a reason to leave the one im currently in. thats how good it is

Reactions: koriwright454
Upvote 0
Actually they are describing the HTC EVO Design 4G, set to upgrade to Android 4.0. The EVO Shift only has an 800Mhz processor but still comes pact with Sense 2.1 mostly because of the smaller screen size, less for the processor to manage and all.

The Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G comes stock with an 800 MHz CPU because it is a second generation Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU. That CPU, along with its GPU, is much more powerful than the first generation Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU in the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. :)

You can tell that this is true because the CPU in the Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G can be overclocked to a much greater degree than the one in the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. They are both good chipsets, but of course the second generation will be more capable at a lower CPU frequency. ;)

Upvote 0
I was at the Sprint store a few days ago and asked them the same question. I was told that they are planning on coming out with another type of update that will work for the evo 4g

What I'm really hoping for, (and expecting) is for the EVO and Incredible to get the Sense 2.0 update they deserve. If my EVO can run Sense 3.5 super fast at 998Mhz then I'm pretty sure we can handle the update we deserved when it was released initially, maybe even Sense 2.1 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
What I'm really hoping for, (and expecting) is for the EVO and Incredible to get the Sense 2.0 update they deserve. If my EVO can run Sense 3.5 super fast at 998Mhz then I'm pretty sure we can handle the update we deserved when it was released initially, maybe even Sense 2.1 :rolleyes:

yes.. and we have been running sense 2.0.

some of us have been running sense 3.5

Root your phone.. and join us...:D

Upvote 0
End of March = Sensation XL's Update to ICS

Sensation XL = The base for all EVO 4G Sense 3.5 ROMs

Looks like we have a release date for "our" ICS boys :)
I don't care if it official I just hope We can Get ICS Up in full running Order thanks to a few Devs We have some options now Ive been running it for a few Weeks now on build 26 aokp ROM team KANG I love the ICS It runs pretty Smooth and most things work other than net flix front camera and some video glitches Its running pretty Nice
LOVE MY EVO I HOPE WILL LIVE AND STAY STRONG

Upvote 0
yes.. it would work for the HTC Sensation!!!!!

NO.. not on the EVO 4G. this rom was designed and tested for the htc sensation. do not cross ROMs!.. only a dev can make the need changes and modifications and programming to make that work.

if you try it.. you can BRICK your evo 4G.

I'll port it, and then stock it down.

Upvote 0
I would never port from a One devices or an E3D. Only WVGA devices. Ever notice how small everything looks running Sense 3.0 as compared to Sense 3.5?

ICS/Sense 3.6 = Sensation XL
Sensation XL = WVGA
WVGA = EVO 4G

EVO 3D = qHD, not WVGA.

Poops.
The One V (Primo) ROM that leaked is WVGA - ICS with Sense 3.6.

Reactions: Ember
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones