• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the EVO 4G get the "NEW" HTC Sense?

Too bad the hardware is crap.
I hate Apple, but they seem to be the only company that can make nice smartphone hardware.

You mean like the iPhone4 that has an antenna design that cuts out voice & data reception. Or a proximity sensor that does not operate properly so your face is hanging up calls (no, the update did not "fix" this).

Yep, that is some sweet Apple hardware.

Upvote 0

Think of the company logic:

Press conference with employees that clearly learned English as a second language.
Continual design flaws that reoccur in new models.

I hate Apple, but they seem to be the only company that can make nice smartphone hardware.

The Desire HD is what the Evo should have been...but the camera is still jacked up.

When did you purchase this phone ? Cause with this comment I'm guessing that's from actually using the phone on a daily basis .

Upvote 0
the new Sense to be released later this year looks to be awesome.

all other 3rd party launchers and company UI like Motorola and Samsung will be left behind.

With all the cloud services that they showed at the conference... i cant wait to see the extra functions and benefits that are to be discovered.

Upvote 0
Gwuhhh...... 32 minute video.... less than 3 minutes of information..... do not want to watch all of it.

How do you know there is only 3 minutes worth of information if you don't watch all of it? sure looked like more than that to me, unless you are comparing it to your average phonedog review that leaves out most of the stuff.

Press conference with employees that clearly learned English as a second language.

The Desire HD is what the Evo should have been...but the camera is still jacked up.

Who cares what the first language of the speakers is? And you picked the WRONG company to talk about hardware and design flaws. Talk about putting ones foot in their mouth.

Upvote 0
to everyone asking if we'll be getting this new Sense update,

the answer to your question is yes. if you've been following the news on the new phones HTC is releasing, you'd know that that the HTC Desire HD is basically a European Evo, minus a few features. with that being said, it would be expected that we would also get the update to Sense. it's going to be about another year or so before updates to our phone start slowing down.

Reactions: lesliegodwin
Upvote 0
of course we will get the new htc sense... they just put out the evo and they will hand it out like candy. trust me, htc is not planning on holding back updates and pissing off their current customers to arouse non htc customers to switch for the new ui. they would lose major credibility from their current customers and htc would not be that stupid. it may not be out for the evo when it starts shipping on their next phone, but we will get it. guaranteed.

Upvote 0
...htc is not planning on holding back updates and pissing off their current customers to arouse non htc customers to switch for...they would lose major credibility from their current customers and htc would not be that stupid....

What about the currently implemented, phone-crippling, framerate cap? They haven't fixed IT yet, but for some odd reason I'm sitting here with a silky smooth phone thanks to XDA...

Personally, I think HTC has failed somewhat with this phone. XDA developers seem to know more about what they're doing with the phone than the actual manufacturer. That right there, in my book, is plenty of grounds for lost credibility. However, what's lost from HTC is gained by XDA.

Upvote 0
Did HTC fail or was it Sprint who crippled it? Obviously its Sprint or whatever carrier, adds their stuff to it. HTC may send Sprint the source code for sense and Sprint programmers will add or subtract to it. It just seems XDA is finding work arounds to Sprint's and other carrier's crippling code. Now they have to find a work around to Motorolas root block.

Upvote 0
I really think this will come to phones like the EVO and feature sense phones. It just makes sense to. No pun intended. I personally think it will be out once the Desire Z and Desire HD hit the shelves for purchase. I mean it's an update to something that is already out. Has new features and is not a heavy makeover. So I don't see why it wouldn't come. It's just like any other update. It gets shown off on new phones then OTA over to existing phones that can handle it. EVO, Original Desire to I'm sure, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Incredible got it. Anything lower wouldn't get it (pretty much any sense device that wasn't in the 2.2 update route already will not get it).

The Desire HD dump was leaked earlier today anyways, so I wouldn't be surprised if in a week or so it gets ported. Actually it was ported to the HD2. The video was up for a sec and then pulled. I'm sure it'll be back up for others to know how to do it themselves.

Just takes time folks.

Upvote 0

I wish they'd just concentrate on making just one version of each phone (with the only difference being gsm/cdma) instead of 3 or so variants of the same phone. That way they could possibly budget more money to make a higher quality phone. IP4 has its quirks but so does the EVO, but the IP4 does feel more solid and the buttons have a really good feel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones