• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the Galaxy Nexus use a micro SIM?

Puppa

Android Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Galaxy Tab 10.1, Stratosphere, and RAZR all have the new micro-SIMs. This means it will be nigh to impossible for me to ever swap back and forth between my "big SIM" phone and the new phone. Can anyone confirm whether Verizon's Galaxy Nexus will also do this? Throws a bit of a wrench in my plans for this phone.

I hope it's the same sim as the Thunderbolt I don't plan on selling mine but keep it as a back up phone . Would make life that much easier

I'm thinking I'll keep my TB as well. But what if the SIM card isn't the same and we're forced to use the one with the Nexus. Will my unlimited hotspot (nope not rooted, I pay for it monthly) stay unlimited and just change over along with the same calling data plan?

I don't want to lose my grandfathered plans any sooner than when they force us off...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones