• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the Maxx Last all day on 4G

I am on 4G all of the time and easily get two days out of the Maxx (turning it off at night). I ran it the last two days without a charge and it was still at 40 percent when I charged it. Now that was not constant high-powered use, but in my experience you would really have to work it hard to get it to not last a day, even in 4G.

Upvote 0
I switched from the Razr to the Maxx, and I can say. Easy, especially if you leave background data off.....
Just remember if you decide to get it. Drain the batt all the way down til the phone shuts off. Then fully recharge batt...
You will be happy with the battery performance that I will guarantee.

Upvote 0
So far, this phone's battery has handled EVERYTHING that I've thrown at it. If anything, I've had the opposite problem: After being in my office all day, connecting via power-friendly Wifi, my Maxx's battery isn't even depleted enough to allow it to charge.

The phone won't start charging unless the battery is down to about 50%, so I'm FORCED to get two days use out of each charge. And I can.

Contrast that with my Incredible, which in the same usage pattern, would be down to 10% or lower by the end of a usual day. Frequently, the Incredible would crap out by 7 or 8 pm, due to battery life.

Upvote 0
Well I have the razr but Im actually thinking about getting the razr max and I was wondering will it last all day on 4g. Now I am lucky if I get 3 hours on 4g with the razr. Thanks again.

Eric

I think it depends on what you mean by 'on 4g'.
I've got a Razr (not Maxx) and it's connected to 4g all day, at the end of the day it typically has about 60% battery charge remaining. But most of the time my phone is just sitting on my desk keeping me company, I'm not DOING anything with it. If I were to start streaming video, or whatever, then obviously the battery is going to drain much faster.

If you're constantly using the phone and getting 3 or 4 hours use, then I'd guess about 7 or 8 hours use on the Maxx (assuming the battery is double the Razr, I don't recall the exact specs of the Maxx battery). If your phone is just sitting and doing nothing all day and you only get 3 or 4 hours, then there is something wrong - most likely some sort of a background data sync gone wild.

Upvote 0
Not sure about the extended battery on the maxx, but generally speaking, 4G hammers the battery so whilst you'll obviously get longer, I doubt you'll get all day.

No offense, but I am disappointed in this comment by a moderator who has not used the maxx. I used this phone for 37 hours, 4g the entire time, and still had over 20% left. It really is doing a disservice to voice a negative "opinion" when you do not know the facts.

I have had the incredible, rezound, incredible 2, etc.
This phone leaves them all in the dust regarding battery life. I am not sure how Motorola did it, but HTC has a lot to learn from them!

Reactions: JRJ
Upvote 0
I switched from the Razr to the Maxx, and I can say. Easy, especially if you leave background data off.....
Just remember if you decide to get it. Drain the batt all the way down til the phone shuts off. Then fully recharge batt...
'
My unwritten rule of thumb for a new phone, or even a new rom or factory reset:

THREE FULL CHARGES, then report on battery life.

This is really hard to do on the MAXX!

Upvote 0
I keep reading people saying that but most battery experts say no dont do it.
//http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-tips-for-extending-lithium-ion-battery-life/289

Tip: Condition your new cell phone’s battery to make it last longer (but be sure to condition it properly) | dotTech

Upvote 0
So far I have gotten 38 hours of use on 4G and the phone was at 20% left and that is with background data on set to sync and 4 hours of display time with the display set to auto brightness. I have had an Eris, Droid X, Bionic, Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx and of those phones the only one to even come close to the battery life I am getting right now was the Bionic with the extended battery. I actually brought my extra charger home from the office since I have not needed to use it since getting the Maxx.

Upvote 0
Compared to the EVO I had been using which used to get 12 hours at best before shutting off, I am very happy with the Maxx.

For the three days I have been using mine, at the end of each day (average 18hrs/day) in decent coverage area, mostly in hospitals, with wifi and 4g turned on, I have had no less than 70% battery at the end of the day. My average day consists of several calls, lots of texting, checking email and running a few apps.

David

Reactions: inssane
Upvote 0
All this info is great.
I see one flaw, many people say it was "on" 4g all day, etc...but what about looking at battery stats and giving real numbers?
Example - on from 6a to 9p and usage was 20% phone, 10% Maps, etc.

Everyone has a different idea of "long battery life".
I am not doubting the phone, but when someone says it was running for 49 hours on 4g, for all I know the phone sat in a glove box for that time.

Just asking for accuracy that's all. Process % during a given uptime.
Battery stats are easy to locate.

Upvote 0
So far I have gotten 38 hours of use on 4G and the phone was at 20% left and that is with background data on set to sync and 4 hours of display time with the display set to auto brightness. I have had an Eris, Droid X, Bionic, Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx and of those phones the only one to even come close to the battery life I am getting right now was the Bionic with the extended battery. I actually brought my extra charger home from the office since I have not needed to use it since getting the Maxx.

How are you managing this? Was it this good from the very begging, or did it get better with use? My Maxx is getting almost exactly half of what you're getting, with similar settings and use.

Upvote 0
How are you managing this? Was it this good from the very begging, or did it get better with use? My Maxx is getting almost exactly half of what you're getting, with similar settings and use.

OS Battery stats won't report properly at first.

3 full charges, then report.

I had mine at under 5 percent with nav and netflix, lasted more than 30 mins, before I personally decided to put it on the charger.

Reported stats are the OS, real life is what's left in the battery. OS needs to calculate this stuff, unlike other feature dumb phones.

Upvote 0

It took about a week of use before I started getting this kind of battery life plus I live and work in an area with a constant 4 bars of 4G service. Also despite my own reservations about task killers I am using the pre installed task manager to auto end certain apps and it seems to be working very well. I also use Smart Actions but nothing that would help battery life until at least 30% battery remaining.

Task Manager auto end list
-Google Maps
-Facebook
-IM
-IM Presence
-Motoactv
-Slacker
-Social Location
-Verizon Video
-Voice Commands
-Weather Bug Elite

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones