1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Will the newer Galaxy phones slow down as fast as previous ones?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by whileloop, Aug 23, 2016.

1. whileloop

whileloop Lurker
    None

Mar 4, 2012
    I'm trying to decide between the Galaxy S7 and the iPhone 7 that is coming out in September. I know from experience and observations that iPhone UIs usually remain relatively smooth after 2 years of usage while Samsung phone UI becomes somewhat clunky and slow in a shorter period of time. I like the Android for its customization and easy rooting, but I don't want to be stuck in a phone 2 years from now with a UI not buttery smooth.

The S7 sepcs are quite high and Android has made improvements in the UI. Do you guys think UI speed will be an issue for me 2 years down the road if I decide to get another Samsung phone? Do you think the specs in the phone high enough for smooth usage for 2 years? I'm currently using a rooted Galaxy S5 with Greenify, Action launcher, and more than 20 GB free space. I clear my cache once a week. The optimizations help, but doesn't feel as smooth as the iPhone 5.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I think that the current crop of phones will remain very good for 95% of us for years to come.

I almost never buy a new phone just because there is a "newer, Better???, toy out there."
    all of that is subjective to the heavily biased opinions of the person who is just screaming that what they have is useless... never mind, that it is the bestest, fastest, gee whiz toy ever invented....

I used my old Galaxy 'S' for 3 years, and I watched the S2, S3, S4 come and go... none of them had enough there to entice me to shell out several hundred of my hard earned bux to "just buy a new phone".... why? all of them can make or take a phone call....

I am not a gamer, in fact, that is the first thing I delete or block.... games.
    and the Internet?? what a joke, there was not enough bandwidth to even make that a consideration...
    and there still isn't, not for 95% of us out here in the grasslands.... yeah, some of you get 40 mbps or more, but I am lucky to get 1 mbps most of the time. I wait, and wait, and wait, and still waiting for this forum's pages to present themselves...

I have two S5 phones in service, had a Note 4 that I loved until I stupidly laid it on a truck's dash in full sun... you would think that with 50 years experience working in the electronics field, that I would know that would destroy the phone in 10 minutes.

well, it did..... and now no Note 4.... luckily I found a deal and one is winging its' way to me as we speak of such....

oh, back to the OP's post. yes, the new crop will satisfy you, take my word for it :)

mikedt likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    We have dissimilar experiences then. My Note 2 did not slow down noticeably in my over 2 years of use. Of course I did not use any RAM booster or supposed cleaner or speed booster apps. Those things do the exact opposite of what they claim and slow the phone down after a few months of use.

svim likes this.