1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will the optimus s charging cable work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by graxler, May 26, 2011.

1. graxler

graxler Newbie

will the charging cable for the optimus s work for the optimus v?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. melim

melim Android Enthusiast

I don't see why not. It's essentially the same phone, same battery.

3. adam97202

adam97202 Well-Known Member

Pretty much ANY "Micro USB" cable will work.

4. tune78

tune78 Newbie

I thought it didnt work. I was reading some amazon reviews and the guy wanted the S charger for the V and he said it didnt work .. perhaps he was lying or hes not that bright ?

5. greg4android

greg4android Android Enthusiast

the CABLE itself is the SAME cable, Its a Micro USB cable........

If you're charging your battery via the cable ALONE(thru a USB port on your pc), then it will work, and IS the same.

HOWEVER, the CHARGER might be different. The CHARGER is the black piece with PRONGS that plugs into the wall outlet. the USB plug inserts into the charger.

You're mentioning two different parts, and two different charging methods.............

P.S. Don't trust every review you read on amazon or any other retail site.

6. graxler

graxler Newbie

thanks for all the responses. I do have the same wall outlet that my V came with i just ordered the S cable off amazon for 3 dollars with free shipping with prime. I hope the problem is with the cable and not my phone.

7. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast

phppt! The OV has no "special" uUSB cable so ANY will work. Personally I use my Nook Color AC adapter + generic uUSB cable to charge my OV, Archos 43, and Archos 32, but use the NC cable to charge the NC as it has a few extra lines to charge it "faster" but still the other devices also seem to charge faster. (I never timed them so I say "seem".)

I believe that the uUSB charging vcable thingy is a misguidede EU idear about common chargers somehow being "superior" even if they take f*ckall long to charge a device v. a custom AC/DC adapter that fast charges...

8. weddle

weddle Android Enthusiast

I'd be careful using different chargers with this phone, for a while I used the charger and cord to my palm pixi for charging my v and after a month or so, the charger started making funny noises and burnt out. It didn't harm my phone that I know of, just pointing it out.

9. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

V and s are the same model just different provider software installed over the android software. So the adapter should have the same voltage.

10. tune78

tune78 Newbie

You're on to something :p

11. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast

The only thing to watch for is that the current output is the same or higher than the stock charger... either way IIRC the max it can draw from USB is 1A, which is the max output of the NC charger...

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews