1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

will the phone speed up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by louis2008, Nov 29, 2021.

1. louis2008

louis2008 Well-Known Member

OK, well, as you can see, I have an old Android phone that is LG Q6, which is now ridiculously slow and lagged in almost anything, everything is not responsive. I have created a back up of everything now so I am able to do anything to it.

Can reset of the phone make it faster? or way other ways else?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

resetting will help, but your phone is very old now and it will depend on what you want to do on the phone. even just using the browser now days, websites have so much going that it will slow older phones down. so if you just plan on using your phone as just a phone, then you should be fine. but doing anything else.....don't expect much in performance. you will find that a lot of apps will eventually stop working as developers move away from older devices.

so

you can either try resetting and see if that helps. if that does not work then you can either deal with the slowness or start looking to upgrade your phone.

Dannydet and louis2008 like this.
  3. louis2008

Well. It's not the primary phone. I wanted to throw it into rubbish bin but after some serious wiping and cleaning with alcohol it looks quite good so don't want to throw it now, just want to keep it as a backup for light purposes......

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i still have my note 4 which i only use as an mp3 player......mainly when i walk my dog or exercise. but that is about it. i would never use it for anything else.

5. louis2008

Another tips is to use an old phone as WiFi hotspot !!

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Put an active SIM in it, there's no reason why it shouldn't work as a WiFi hotspot for tethering.

ocnbrze likes this.

LG Q6 Forum

The LG Q6 release date was August 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 435 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

August 2017
Release Date
Reviews