1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Will the possible release of froyo next month affect mods?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HustlinDaily, Apr 23, 2010.

1. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Student
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sorry I do not know anything about modding, I am considering purchasing an N1 soon (I use AT&T, unlocked is my only option, N1 is at a very good unlocked price). With the potential release of Froyo next month, would it make sense to mod it or to wait? How would the update affect mods (if at all)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Florida
    most of the features that would be in 2.2 are already unlocked in cyan...root or wait you cant go wrong...if they do unleash something new in 2.2 thats not in root, it will certainly be implemented shortly thereafter.

3. jblazea50

jblazea50 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    i wouldn't root because it will void your warranty; majority of the new features in 2.2 is already implemented in the custom rom so if you want it now, you can root and void your warranty

again, i would wait as it should come out be end of May and no point in voiding your warranty

4. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Boston Baby!
    I'm curious what features are implemented in 2.2 that are also in the custom rom? You have to go to several different roms to get certain features currently, not to mention sense is the only one with flash "at its frosty center" ;)

Tags: