• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will there be a forum for the NA version of S3?

Why is everyone obsessed with sub forums for carriers? What the op requested makes perfect sense as the architecture is completely different.
With carriers, there may be slight firmware discrepancies but the devices are 99% the same. This leads to having to have 56,000,000 threads on the same issue as each person who has the issue happens to be on a different carrier. This actually is detrimental to a support forum. It makes supporting and asking for support so much harder.

Upvote 0
I think carrier sub-forums are a necessity. There have been many instances of people flashing I9100 and AT&T roms on their T-Mobile GS2 and bricking it. Separate forums will lessen the possibility.

You can see how many posts are in the GS3 forum everyday. Imagine how hard it is going to be to keep up with posts after the 21st when T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon release their phones.

Upvote 0
OK so I have done some research on the S3.

There are 3-4 architectures

1) GSM
2) GSM LTE
3) CDMA LTE

4) CDMA?

So there are your ATR sub forums. Its architecture that defines the split, not carrier.

OK some people may not be tech enough to work out that T-mobile USA is GSM LTE and SPRINT is CDMA LTE, thats why you list example carriers next to the title of each ATR.

Example -
GSM ATR - 3UK, T-mobile UK, O2 UK
GSM LTE ATR - T-mobile USA, AT&T
CDMA LTE ATR - Sprint, Verizon

Upvote 0
Its been discussed a lot with all the new devices in the "Suggestion box and feedback" forum.

It has been decided that for root, it definitely needs to be separated (although NOT by carrier, by Hardware) and the general will stay as it is.

The phones are 98% the same when it comes to software. If there was a support forum for each, the same issue could be reported 6 - 8 different times and each time someone would have to try and resolve it. You'd end up with people posting support threads 6-8 times, to get maximum visibility of an issue. It just doesnt make sense to change how it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones