• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will there be a new EVO this June?

aliveon2legs

Android Enthusiast
May 17, 2010
Like probably a lot of people here, I signed up for my Sprint contract when the EVO 3D was released. My phone has taken its share of abuse and I will certainly be due for a new one when my contract is up this June. HTC and Sprint have released their new flagship phone in June each of the last 3 years; EVO 4G, EVO 3D and EVO LTE. My assumption has been that again there will be a new Sprint flagship EVO waiting for me when my contract is up. After seeing the HTC One on the front page of sprint.com, I'm starting to wonder, though. The thing is absolutely stacked with features; 1080p screen, 1080p front and rear facing cameras, 1.7 ghz quad core processor, 2GB RAM, etc., etc. I've seen it described as HTC's "flagship" phone for 2013.

If there isn't going to be a new EVO, I'd like to try to see if I can weasel my way into a new One with a new contract. My city never got WiMax, and I desperately need 4G to be able to do my job on the road. If there will be a new EVO and it will be a step up from the One, then I can just wait until my contract is up.

Does anyone know?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones