• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will there be lines on the morning of Oct 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually under the gun to get this, see the wife had her IP4 stolen from the Y this past Monday and is using a old BB until I upgrade Sunday, and then I give her my IP4. She can upgrade come Jan.

She is already complaining about the old BB. So I need to make sure I grab one.

Upvote 0
I'm actually under the gun to get this, see the wife had her IP4 stolen from the Y this past Monday and is using a old BB until I upgrade Sunday, and then I give her my IP4. She can upgrade come Jan.

She is already complaining about the old BB. So I need to make sure I grab one.

Just be there 5min after the doors open, that's my plan. No need to be there 30min early.

Upvote 0
Just wondering what the consensus is and if I should get there before they open?

I would say no, generally there are not lines like there are for iphone releases. That doesn't mean there wont, but I think it is safe to assume you will be able to go to a store and pick one up.

I had no issues grabbing a epic touch for Sprint when it released without waiting in line.

Upvote 0
Quoting myself from another thread as there are now 3 threads devoted to questions regarding release-date purchasing.

I plan on purchasing this phone *before* release date. There's always some retailer out there that has them for sale the Friday before release. I bought my Captivate and my Thrill both before release. Call around starting Thursday. Call your local Costco, and your local AT&T Corporate store. Ask if they have any in stock that they can sell. Then call on Friday. Make sure you call kinda later in the day (after 1pm usually works for me) after they get their shipments.

Upvote 0
I would say no, generally there are not lines like there are for iphone releases. That doesn't mean there wont, but I think it is safe to assume you will be able to go to a store and pick one up.

I had no issues grabbing a epic touch for Sprint when it released without waiting in line.

yeah, Sprint decided no reason to make you "wait to get the phone", they just decided to consolidate all of your waiting for "data to load from Internet"... lol... j/k (sorta) i have the Sprint version and i'll be switching carriers Sunday. I love Sprint and the ET4G version as well (very much : )but the slow speeds in my area takes away from the user experience big time.

IF there was no version coming out on AT&T, i would have just "lived with it" because the phone is really top of its game in
every s-i-n-g-l-e category : )

BTC

Upvote 0
Done thread, the happy day has come and gone. :D

276415832.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones