1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will this affect me in the long run?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Drinky Crow, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Drinky Crow

Drinky Crow Lurker

Ok so basically here is the deal; I currently have an iPhone 3GS and plan on getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I want to know if this is going to affect my phone carrier data. I have AT&T's unlimited data plan from way back when it actually was unlimited, and I refuse to use their new plans so I'm getting this right out. Apart from throttle my data at a certain point, will anything happen that will cause them to try and bully me into changing plans? I would greatly appreciate an answer that isn't based on guesses, I'm looking for assurance based on experience.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If you buy your phone from the corporate store, they will tell you that the iPhone data plan was different from the Android (aka generic smartphone) and that you must change it. As far as I know, that's a load of ... incorrect information. If you push, I do believe they will let you keep your grandfathered unlimited plan. I have stayed with the unlimited plan through three phones now, but I don't buy the phones at the AT&T store. My Nexus One I got from Google, then a Captivate from Radio Shack and the SGS2 I got at Target during a holiday promotion. They never once gave me any guff about the unlimited data. I just swapped my sim and was done with it.