• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will This Work? (Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 For Phone)

ctmaudi

Lurker
Aug 31, 2012
Is there anything that would stop a tablet with mobile internet connection, from being used as a phone with BT/wired headset, google voice and GrooVe IP?

Im trying to get out of Tmobile since they are screwing me over, and instead of getting another contract with a monthly plan of $150 or more for two lines, can get a pair of tablets with 4GB of data for $50/m.

And since they can tether, I could also get a cheap old wifi capable phone to connect to them, and use that for wifi calling with GrooVe IP as well.

First of all, welcome to AF, ctmaudi! Glad you joined :)

I don't see a problem with what you are proposing personally, although I don't have any experience with Groove IP to know for sure that this will work. If it does work, its actually kind of intriguing to me, as I make very few calls, mostly texts to my wife and data stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones