1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will this work with the Nexus 5 wireless charger?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Codec, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Codec

Codec Android Enthusiast

If not what charger and back plate do I need to buy?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. renegad3

renegad3 Well-Known Member

Depends on which version of the phone you have, and also possibly which carrier.

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

If the OP has a T-Mobile phone, as his post suggests, then the answer is that the phone doesn't come stock with Qi capability. You can add it by buying a Qi equipped replacement back cover, such as:

Amazon.com: lg g3 qi cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

(Make sure it says Qi is supported. I'm not sure everything returned by that search does.)

Or by replacing the stock NFC sticker in your current back with something like this:

LG G3 VS985 LS990 D851 Qi Wireless Charging NFC Antenna Sticker Replacement | eBay

I used that sticker. Peeling and scraping the old sticker out of the original back was kind of a pain, but worth it given the cost savings.

This approach will work with T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon. AT&T phones don't support Qi charging at all, since AT&T has invested in a competing standard.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews