• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will tmobile galaxy note 3 work on metropcs byod?

will tmobile galaxy note 3 work on metropcs byod?Lets say I buy a tmobile note 3, will it work on metros bring your own device feature?Does it have to be unlocked or not? will all features work as web/youtube? thanks for replies and your patience dealing with a newbie who doesn't know about these things.

will tmobile galaxy note 3 work on metropcs byod?Lets say I buy a tmobile note 3, will it work on metros bring your own device feature?Does it have to be unlocked or not? will all features work as web/youtube? thanks for replies and your patience dealing with a newbie who doesn't know about these things.

Short answer yes...long answer read the sticky please

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
Everything works, the only thing you have to do is buy the phone, buy the sim, insert it then dial *228.... The only thing that won't work is tmobile wifi calling feature that is not enabled in any of MetroPCS plans

Mine worked on both my Note 2 and 3, although not perfectly cause it kept dropping every 5 mins but I thought it was just my wifi connection

Upvote 0
Another place to buy used smartphones (in good condition) is Swappa:
Buy and sell T-Mobile in US > Swappa

Phones have an ESN check before being approved so it's unlikely you'll get a blacklisted phone.

The only issue with swappa ean check is if its a tmobile phone on eip it will come back clear now but once the person stops paying on it it can come up blacklisted in the future.

Upvote 0
I have one question, my friend found a droid dna like 4 months ago in California, He used it as a iPod and now wants to actiavate it on metropcs. We know the phone is unlocked and everything and it is not blacklisted according to swappa, would it work or would this be a setup by verizon to trick him into activating the phone and then him getting sent to jail? Thanks
Sent from my iPhone

Upvote 0
I have one question, my friend found a droid dna like 4 months ago in California, He used it as a iPod and now wants to actiavate it on metropcs. We know the phone is unlocked and everything and it is not blacklisted according to swappa, would it work or would this be a setup by verizon to trick him into activating the phone and then him getting sent to jail? Thanks
Sent from my iPhone

Its a set up!!! Run!!! Lol no if it comes up clear then the person didnt report it lost or stolen. Companies dont set up stings to get people to activate phones then bust down the doors and arrest them. If it was reported lost or stolen all they do is enter it into the data base as such and prevent it from being activated. As far as it being able to work on metro thats another issue im not sure what bands the verizon dna supported. Thats something he would have to look into.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones