1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will tye Acer Iconia ever get a keyboard dock??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boom3k, May 25, 2011.

1. Boom3k

Boom3k Lurker

Just a simple question.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mrcaptain

mrcaptain Well-Known Member

I don't think it will, as it supports both bluetooth keyboards and USB keyboards. There is already an official docking station (minus the keyboard) so I doubt Acer will produce another one. It's all about money man.

UmAnOnion and Boom3k like this.
  3. PeteDee

PeteDee Well-Known Member

Just a simpler question. Why?

Considering it is a minimalist sort of thing why add stuff that will only weigh you down.

What sort of keyboard do you use with your phone?

If you really need one you can use a standard USB keyboard or one of the little bluetooth keyboards.

Cheers.

Pete

Boom3k likes this.
  4. Boom3k

Boom3k Lurker

I'm using the screen keyboard and a USB but I'm having problems with the response time its giving me for my actual typing speed. I keep getting way ahead and then having to go back to edit. Also, I kinda like how the Asus transformer has one but I'm trying to stay faithful for my Acer.

5. justapilgrim

justapilgrim Lurker

The asus keyboard dock also has a built in battery that adds up to 8 hours (I think) of battery life to the tablet. That's pretty nice, I'm going to hold out on getting a dock or keyboard hoping that something like this is produced by Acer.

6. tesla154

tesla154 Newbie

I think Asus and Samsung have patents for a keyboard dock, I don't really see one coming as much as I'd like one.

7. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Actually the Acer Iconia W500 tablet ( W for Windows, A for Android ) has a keyboard dock, so I don't think it's a patent issue.

I don't know why Acer don't make a dock for the A500, but then again, I don't understand why people want to turn a great tablet into a ridiculously overpriced net book with tiny storage capacity.

8. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Android Enthusiast

Typical net book battery life: up to 6 hours
    Asus transformer prime: up to 18 hours est.

My 1 year old netbook can barely run farmville.
    My Acer iconia tab runsvfarmville well enough to play.

I use my net book for internet browsing, and some Ms office stuff, cant really do much more than that.
    I use my iconia tablet for movies, music, picture editing, showing PowerPoint presentations in the office conference room, gaming and internet browsing.

IMHO, it looks android tablets are the better choice all things considered. Oh and since the new transforner uses an sdxc card slot, it can go up to 128gb (64gb onnboard and 64gb microsd) of storage which is very generous.

PS, whenever I load the same PowerPoint presentations on my bosses I pad2 (documents to go on both), his tablet crashes...

9. dasudevil

dasudevil Android Enthusiast

Well we all know the answer to that one... Thats because he has an apple

10. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Android Enthusiast

That's why pre ordered a prime too...