• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will unlocked Dell Streak 7 work on any GSM Network?

BohicaBobby

Lurker
Dec 17, 2008
I have a Dell Streak 7 that I received from T-Mobile. It works fine but I decided that I want to sell it. I contacted T-Mobile technical support and requsted an unlock code. Shortly after this I received an email from Dell requesting my IMEI #, service tag, etc. (which I sent them in a reply). About 6 hours later I received another email from Dell with the unlock code.

So I restored the tablet to factory state and then inserted my friends AT&T sim card into the device. When I turned it on it asked me to enter the code. I entered the code and received the message, "unlock successful". I then listed the item for sale on eBay. I just received a question from a potential buyer who wants to know if my tablet will work on any GSM Network. I am unsure what a GSM Network is and so don't know how to respond.

Will my unlocked Dell Streak 7 work on any GSM Network?

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Bob C.

Essentially any GSM network, ones that use SIM cards will work with companies such as at&t, T-Mobile, o2 (Europe), telus (Canada), Rogers (Canada) and so on. So yes, it will work with ANY GSM carrier, but depending on what carrier the buyer has, the 3G/4G may not work, but it seems likely that it will with at&t and a definite yes with T-Mobile.

Reactions: BohicaBobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones