• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will upcoming 720p Android Phone require a class 6 microsd?

doctajay

May 14, 2010
Will the addition of 720p video recording in alot of the new upcoming android devices require us to use class 6 or higher microsd cards in order to get any use out of it? I know this is the case for digital camera with HD recording...I am wondering if it is the same with phones?

Will the addition of 720p video recording in alot of the new upcoming android devices require us to use class 6 or higher microsd cards in order to get any use out of it? I know this is the case for digital camera with HD recording...I am wondering if it is the same with phones?

I shouldn't think so. The Sony Ericsson X10 is getting HD recording (like the Vivaz) in it's next update. The read/write speeds of standard SD cards is perfectly fine for 720p so I can't really see why it would be a problem. Also, might be worth looking at what memory comes with the SE Vivaz :)

-pup-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones