1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Will USB headset work on Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jforum, Sep 30, 2010.

1. jforum

jforum New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Does the USB port on Driod support an USB headset like the one you plug into a computer's USB port?

Connection wise, I can use the charging USB cable, an USB Type A female to female gender changer, then plug an USB headset onto it. Of course this is not for mobility. I would like to use my comfortable USB headset with my Droid wile working at my home office.

And similarly, will it work on HTC Driod Eris?

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Nope. No audio out via USB on the Droid.

3. jforum

jforum New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Thanks a lot.

4. malklavious

malklavious Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    If there was a stereo jack to USB jack converter that might work....

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Hmmm - I have a USB to stereo output for my old Logitech headset. I wonder if I used a male to male 1/8" stereo plug, then used a USB female to female gender changer, and plugged my USB headset into that....

Probably not, though lol. I don't think that the headset output is powered enough to drive that particular device.

It might be easier to get a set of 1/8" stereo to dual RCA plugs, connect that to your computer, then connect your headset to your computer. Of course, that only works when you have a computer handy with RCA input for audio....Or you could use a long 1/8" stereo to 1/8" stereo cable (male to male) to connect to your computer.

For computer-less applications, go with a BlueTooth headset - I got a set of Motorola's MOTOROKR S9 HD for ~$60 (original MSRP was $179). Well worth the investment, with the added benefit of no wires.