• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will Verizon let me return my Droid?

pauly814

Nov 7, 2009
Hello,
I got the Motorola Droid on Friday night. After playing with it, I just cant use it because the font size is to small and there seems to be no global font increase.

I want to return the phone for a refund and put my plan back to the way it was, and reactivate my old phone, think verizon will do this for me?

I wont be able to go to the store til Wednesday.

But, guy's and girl's. I was wondering did you know you can only get one 30 day return? I had a imagio, return it. Waiting for my Droid. :D Can't return it if I don't want it. :eek: So, that mean's my Droid is the phone till my next upgrade? Somebody, check it out? :rolleyes: Let me know if it's true? :thinking:

This is the case with many carriers. You are allowed one switch, but if for some reason there is something wrong with the Droid (operationally, not just "you don't like it"), they [usually] won't give you crap about it.

Upvote 0
But, guy's and girl's. I was wondering did you know you can only get one 30 day return? I had a imagio, return it. Waiting for my Droid. :D Can't return it if I don't want it. :eek: So, that mean's my Droid is the phone till my next upgrade? Somebody, check it out? :rolleyes: Let me know if it's true? :thinking:

Thats correct you only get 1 exchange within the 30 days and then your stuck. Been there many times. You really are better off to just return instead of exchange the device. It takes a little longer but that way you initiate a new 30 day WFG on the next device. Thats what I just did with my Touch Pro2 , flat out returned it and then went online and placed a new order for the Droid.

Restocking fee of $35 only applies is you 'dont like' the phone and return it. If there is something wrong with it the restocking fee is waived.

Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

Upvote 0
OK all this info is good. Even though I don't not like the phone I might get charged the fee since there is nothing wrong with it, I just cant read the font in some areas.

The "spare parts" does have a font option but only changes it while in the app, as soon as you leave the app it goes right back to normal....maybe a bug? i dont know.

Upvote 0
Looks like a bug, sorry.

OK all this info is good. Even though I don't not like the phone I might get charged the fee since there is nothing wrong with it, I just cant read the font in some areas.

The "spare parts" does have a font option but only changes it while in the app, as soon as you leave the app it goes right back to normal....maybe a bug? i dont know.

Upvote 0

There is no policy that Verizon has that is actually "set in stone". Over the last six months I have had:

Samsung Alias
Samsung Omnia (had it replaced twice because of bugs, at no charge)
HTC Touch Pro (also had it replaced twice because of bugs, at no charge)
HTC Imagio (had it replaced once at no charge)
Droid

I signed a new 2 yr agreement back in March, and the only phone out of any of those that I actually paid for was the Droid, which I paid $199 with no extension to my contract.

If you know how to talk to people you can get them to do whatever you want, so there's really no worry about ever getting "stuck" with a phone... at least with Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones