1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Will Verizon release an international android phone?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by presto2116, Apr 15, 2010.

1. presto2116

presto2116 New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Just wondering if any of the upcoming android phones will have a gsm slot on top of the cdma network. I really want to get a new phone (my pearl is awful) but I am leaving the U.S. for a few months and would like to use my new phone overseas as well. I really hope the nexus one will have this feature because it will also be unlocked after the contract ends and I can use it while traveling.

Advertisement

2. scarshapedstar

scarshapedstar Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I'm in the same boat... there's a possibility I will be going overseas for a year and a half starting this fall, and yet I want a new phone now. I guess I can get an Incredible and give it to my brother if worst comes to worst.

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I would love an Android-based flagship world phone... but since there's nothing announced I can't wait forever... I'm getting the Droid Incredible now and we'll see if a 4G Android-based flagship world phone comes out come the end of my contract.

4. presto2116

presto2116 New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Is there anyway the Nexus one could have a gsm slot. I feel like google is making an effort to emphasis an 'unlocked' phone from google. I will keep my fingers crossed that it does but I know I am asking a lot.

5. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

No, I don't think so--otherwise I'd definitely get the Nexus One. The reason being they've already produced two different radio GSM phones and producing a CDMA/GSM hybrid now... would be a slap in the face to early adopters and those phones are rare as it is anyway.