• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will verizon replace incred for incred 2?

kevin217

Jun 13, 2010
Hey guys.
So I'm a little curious here. Lately my phones external speaker blew out somehow so I am entitled to a warranty replacement since I am still within the original 12 month warranty and with the Dinc 2 coming out in a few weeks I cant help but want one... Do you guys think its possible to get one as a warranty replacement?
If i wait until may or so no store is going to have any Dincs in stock anymore and would only have the new Dinc 2, would I somehow be entitled to one?
Anyone have any input?
Thanks,
Kevin

Hey guys.
So I'm a little curious here. Lately my phones external speaker blew out somehow so I am entitled to a warranty replacement since I am still within the original 12 month warranty and with the Dinc 2 coming out in a few weeks I cant help but want one... Do you guys think its possible to get one as a warranty replacement?
If i wait until may or so no store is going to have any Dincs in stock anymore and would only have the new Dinc 2, would I somehow be entitled to one?
Anyone have any input?
Thanks,
Kevin

Just because the stores don't have any Incredibles left doesn't mean Customer Service doesn't have some. I got an LG Dare one time as a replacement long after they were gone from the stores.

Upvote 0
I've always heard that they will not offer a different model phone as a warranty replacement unless there has been several (3 or 4) replacements of the current model and issues continue to arise.

I am sure someone who has more "hands on" experience with this will chime in!

It depends on the problem you are having, and it depends on the customer service rep you are talking to. I've had a phone replaced with a different model after 1 like-kind replacement, and another time it took 3 like-kind replacements before they offered me a different model. Also, you don't necessarily have to take the different model they offer you. I was trading-in an Env3 and they wanted to give me a Samsung Alias2 as a replacement, but I was able to get a Dare instead just by asking.

Upvote 0
It depends on the problem you are having, and it depends on the customer service rep you are talking to. I've had a phone replaced with a different model after 1 like-kind replacement, and another time it took 3 like-kind replacements before they offered me a different model. Also, you don't necessarily have to take the different model they offer you. I was trading-in an Env3 and they wanted to give me a Samsung Alias2 as a replacement, but I was able to get a Dare instead just by asking.

True, but again there are a lot of variables to that! We are talking about a blown speaker and a 12 month warranty replacement. They are only obligated to replace with "new" within 30 days and then factory a refurb after that.

The odds that they would give him "the next new smartphone" cause his one year old phone has a bum speaker is reaching a bit. And remember, for every positive experience like the one you had, there are hundreds that go the other way.

Upvote 0
True, but again there are a lot of variables to that! We are talking about a blown speaker and a 12 month warranty replacement. They are only obligated to replace with "new" within 30 days and then factory a refurb after that.

The odds that they would give him "the next new smartphone" cause his one year old phone has a bum speaker is reaching a bit. And remember, for every positive experience like the one you had, there are hundreds that go the other way.

I agree with you. I would be amazed if they replaced his Inc for an Inc2.
But I guess what I was saying is that he might be able to get something other than an Inc if he wanted to. Maybe an X or a Droid2.

Oh, and nice to see another DT fan on the forums. :)

Reactions: jayjay1122
Upvote 0
This happened to me once when I had the LG Voyager. To make a long story short, I was able to get the EnV Touch 2 (WORST.PHONE.EVER) as a replacement only because the store I went to and surrounding stores no longer had them in stock. I doubt this is the case for the DINC, but I could be wrong.

I never even knew they made an ENV Touch 2. I had the original...

Upvote 0
I have went through the whole replacement phone to a new model. It took a long time. I had two incredible that were plagued with random reboots. Then I had two inc's blow the speakers within 3 weeks of each other. Thats when I got them to allow me to get a Droid X, but I had to upgrade and pay the upgrade fee. After all that I didnt like the X so Ive been back with the Inc for a while now. Just last Saturday my speaker blew and they sent me a refurb Inc, if you want a new phone its either pay an upgrade price or wait till the refurb stock is gone like the eris.

Upvote 0
Why do you diserve a different phone than you purchased? If you want the incredible S, then buy it. Don't try to "play" the warranty and try to get it. JUst feel lucky if you get a good working incredible replacement.

So we should just be thankful that they will replace their broke crap phone that shouldn't have broken in the first place?

Umm. I am not thankful for that. I expect that.

If you can't stand by your product then you don't have a very good product.

Upvote 0
I've always heard that they will not offer a different model phone as a warranty replacement unless there has been several (3 or 4) replacements of the current model and issues continue to arise.

I am sure someone who has more "hands on" experience with this will chime in!

They stopped doing that over a year ago. The new rule is they will not replace it with a different model phone no matter what unless they run out of refurbished or replacements models, which usually takes years and years and by that point you won't have a warranty anyways.

Upvote 0
So we should just be thankful that they will replace their broke crap phone that shouldn't have broken in the first place?

Umm. I am not thankful for that. I expect that.

If you can't stand by your product then you don't have a very good product.

They do stand behind it. Thats what the warranty is. But you thinking that they should give you an upgraded phone is idiotic. If you want the upgraded phone, go buy it. If you want a working incredible, get a warranty replacement. It's people with your mindset that cause us to have to pay more and more. You're entitled to what you purchased. thats all.

Upvote 0
this wont happen. shit they tightened the warranty replacments all together since ppl take advantage.
not true....my eris went defective after 1 1/2 years use as I had extended warranty. They were going to send me a replacement eris and I asked for an inc instead which they had but they don't send with a back or battery as replacement and were out of inc batteries. I said no problem that the eris battery would work with the inc and the guy said "oh really, I didn't know that, then you are good to go". He was going to charge me for the back $10 and new wall charger $20 but then said, ok I will give you those as well....probably did it because inc was at that point not selling in the stores anymore, doubtful you could get the inc 2 for a defective inc but worth a try...BTW inc great phone, rooted it as well like my eris...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones