• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will we ever be able to customize like the iphone?

Im trading my N1 for an iPhone this week.

First thing Im going to do is jailbreak and install this theme.

ss.png

Upvote 0

ss.png

I LOLed.

Seriously though, this entire thread is an Epic Fail. And to the iPhone 2G fanboy in here...if you are so happy with your iPhone...why are you on Android Forums in the Nexus One section? I am EXTREMELY happy with my N1, and I have NEVER gone to an iPhone 3GS forum. Seems kind of odd to me.

Upvote 0
And to the iPhone 2G fanboy in here...if you are so happy with your iPhone...why are you on Android Forums in the Nexus One section? I am EXTREMELY happy with my N1, and I have NEVER gone to an iPhone 3GS forum. Seems kind of odd to me.

Yeah, I never get this. I don't like Apple, I think very little of iPhone fanboys, but I don't register at an iPhone forum and troll them about how wonderful my N1 is. I'm too busy, I don't know, enjoying my phone.

Upvote 0

Live wallpapers on the N1 are part of what makes the iPhone seem so outdated (that and the boring grid of icons). That theme, for instance, would be SO much cooler as a live wallpaper with towering, churning smoke and flame. And while someone could write that for an N1, the iPhone has no such capability.

Upvote 0
So after I got sonned on like the first reply I figured I'd let this one ride out...LOL that definitely is not the case here. What's wrong with my screen shot on my N1? I don't get the joke. One person says something like its fully customized and one may think its horrible? You guys looked into what I was saying way too much. The things I asked are what I was talking about. I know about the Widgets and all the N1 vs iPhone bullshit. I never owned an iPhone, maybe played with one for 10 minutes. I know how forums work, I know how people act on here so I expect shit but sometimes people are ignorant. I mean, I do own an N1. And a Cliq for a reason. All the things I mentioned in my first post I have yet to see. Maybe how I titled it And came off was a bit misleading I dunno. Instead of answering the question you remind me of how much better the N1 is. Its either, yes or no, or when someone designs it then it will be available. Epic Fail? Not at all, read my first post. Epic fail is how u guys react to my question. So i take it this cant be done yet? People are rather sensitive about the word android and iphone in the same sentence i see.

side bar: in the link i posted with screen shots, there is a HTC Desire skin out with widgets for the iphone users.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones