1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will you be able to uninstall bloatware after you unlock your phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Caloy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

I got my phone on launch day and I'm wondering when I will unlock my phone (on my 2nd anniversary) will I be able to remove all the infestation (bloatware) that consume a significant portion of my memory.

I know rooting is a good option, but I'd rather have a fully functioning and updated kernel, before I even try this route, the research alone is just too much and I have no idea which one would be the best one.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

moved you to the rooting section as you will get more help with your questions here.

yes you will be able to do everything that a fully rooted phone can do and that includes removing bloatware. only difference really is that you will have a watermarked bootloader which voids your warranty(and that should not matter anyways as the evo is now eol).

you will have to be very careful as to what you delete though as some of the things might be needed in order for sense to work. best thing to do really is just flash a custom rom. roms like mikg3.11 is waaaaaaaaaaay better then stock and has all of the bloatware removed. here is the link to it:MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]

here is a guide to help you:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

and then once you have unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom recovery then i would also read this guide:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. just follow the after root section. it has tons of info including how to properly flash a rom and also about making nandroid backups.

hope this help.

3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

IMHO, if you held out this long w/out rooting, you will be amazed at your phone if you decide to root. I held out one year before rooting my EVO and when I finally did root it, it was like having a completely new phone. Plus, most of the custom roms do remove the bloatware for you. If you like the stock rom, you can get that, too.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews