1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Will you go T-mob or wait for N1 or comparable on other network?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Germwise, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Germwise

Germwise Android Enthusiast

I returned my droid a couple of weeks ago on rumors of a google phone. The droid was a little slow for me. It just wasn't snappy like the iphone.
    Now i'm weighing my options. The N1 looks to be a great phone but I'm not sure how good T-mob will be.

Will you get it when it first comes out or wait and see if Google gets the phone for other carriers?

I wish all US carriers were GSM so we had more options. As it stands we can only choose between 2 for either one (Tmob/ATT or Verizon/Sprint)

2. Slingshot

Slingshot Member

Not me....I am waiting for HTC to drop something good on Big Red.
    Just give me the HD2 on Android instead of WinMo and I will by a happy camper.

3. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Android Enthusiast

This is a tough call for me, I'd really like to get my hands on this phone.
    I think Verizon is going to have to make an announcement in the very near future or risk losing a bunch of customers to t-mobile. This phone is set to give a big boost of market-share to t-mobile. I've asked around and t-mobile's network sounds 2nd only to Verizon in my area.

4. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert

This unlocked phone is way too crippled for me. I mean, it would be like getting a Ferrari when you can only drive it on your driveway. Even if I could get past the exclusive T-Mobile 3G frequency (for crying out loud, only one other carrier in the WORLD uses this frequency), I can't get past the fact that I then have to pay full price because I have a family plan? Not that I'd switch my entirely family over, but this "business model" doesn't seem well thought out at all by Google. I'm disappointed in them as a company. No thanks. I'll wait for whatever Verizon is getting, hopefully in the next month, with regards to an HTC snapdragon offering. Again, if this was a pentaband phone that included AT&T 3G, I'd have something to think about, but T-Mobile only? Seems kinda like a lame, half-ass crack at trying to be different. I'm thinking Google has been reading too much of their own press.

5. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

The HTC Bravo is a much better phone... For the same cost... So might as well wait for that...

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Android Expert

why do people act like they know how much the bravo will cost?

7. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Android Expert

Unlike the other 3 actual big networks Tmo (aka the urban network) doesn't have 3G in my area. Also my next phone I want on a 1 year contract. Hence waiting to see what HTC cooks up for Verizon.

8. laughter95

laughter95 Member

this is a real disappointment. i could maybe squeeze 400 for this phone, but that's the last price point i can deal with.

9. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Because brand spanking New (just released) Unloked HTC phones usullaly run for about $600-$700 bucks... Except for the HD2 which is a much bigger phone, 4.3", which is about $720 unlocked.. Even when imported...

htc hd2 unlocked price - Google Product Search

But that is a much bigger screen....:cool:

10. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Android Expert

$540 and $700 isn't the same thing. i'll be getting a new contract with the next phone I buy, so it doesn't matter to me 1 way or another as far as unsubsidized. I just wish we could hear news about the Bravo/Incredible during/immediately after the CES.

11. Y314K

Y314K Well-Known Member

Really.. The $720 phone has a 4.3" screen... So we can expect the HTC Bravo to be more on the mid to low $600 range... Which is very close to $540 for much better hardware... So, I see them in the same range...:cool:

Do hope more info is know about HTC plans are for their phones after google this crap pie release...

12. laughter95

laughter95 Member

am i just being hopeful that the phone won't cost as much as what these leaked pages say?

13. giomasterg

giomasterg Member

I really hope the price is lower but i will still have to get it regardless....... The g1 needs an upgrade

14. SLVR

SLVR Member

depending on what happens to the bravo/incredible/passion I would buy the phone unlocked. I like tmobile and never had a problem with them they are great in my area and are cheap and I never did like the price for Red and ATT. I dont like the 500 minutes thing though I talk a ridiculous amount. So I was thinking buying it unlocked and getting even more plus thing.

15. LansdowneMike

LansdowneMike Member

As a moderately satisfied G1 owner (who is off his TMO contract) I'll most definitely get the new contract. That price for this phone is a great deal. Especially if Google is responsible for the updates.

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews