• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will you sale the current device for a Galaxy S5?

shockcat

Lurker
Mar 19, 2014
Anyone is also thinking of selling your current handset for the newest S5?

I am looking for an upgrade and exciting for the Galaxy S5 with cutting edge of technology after having my Note N7000 for two years, so it is going to be sold with a Mpj 7000mAh battery I bought half year ago. Both of the smart phone and battery are still working great, lasting 2-3 days long and I really hope this company will launch batteries for S5. My question is what price should I set? Will anyone still want a N7000?

2014 so far has been pretty depressing when it come to Android flagship devices.

Galaxy S5 looks much the same and is packed full of features, impressive camera but many features I don't want and it got bigger and now has Snapdragon 801.

HTC One M8 looks much the same but it got taller, same 4MP camera more or less with and now also with Snapdragon 801.

What's next? :(

Upvote 0
I'm sitting out this round.
(1) The S5 isn't a compelling enough upgrade from my S4.
(2) I don't want an even bigger phone.
(3) The band-aid texture on the S5 is tacky. Samsung should have done with the S5 what they did with the S4 Black Edition.
Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Black-Edition-price-UK.jpg
(4) I won't have another device with Knox and put up with the efuse debacle again, so the S4 may be my last tour with Samsung.

Upvote 0
Nope! The S5 is basically just an S4 with a better camera ...Which is very important to me honestly, however I just can't deal with touchwiz and feel like my nexus 5 can get me though most of 2014 without my inner geek coming out and forcing my pocket.

I will say I think the back looks and feels better then the S4, but at the end of the day its still that same old hardware we've seen on the GS3 & GS4, if ever there was a company that needed a hardware refresh its Samsung.

Lol...so far 2014 has been a let down in terms of new devices! HTC gets its right with the M8's hardware and software tweaks, but kills it by putting a below average camera on board, and Samsung gets ships the S5 with an insanely awesome camera with the same old boring hardware and that same old boring software.

Maybe LG or Sony or even a dark horse like moto/lenovo that were not even counting on will get it right at some point this year and drop a phone with some serious excitement behind it.

Upvote 0
Nope! The S5 is basically just an S4 with a better camera ...Which is very important to me honestly, however I just can't deal with touchwiz and feel like my nexus 5 can get me though most of 2014 without my inner geek coming out and forcing my pocket.

I will say I think the back looks and feels better then the S4, but at the end of the day its still that same old hardware we've seen on the GS3 & GS4, if ever there was a company that needed a hardware refresh its Samsung.

So does GS4 have any of these, let alone ISOcell camera?

Snapdragon 801
Water/dust proof
Fingerprint sensor
Download booster
Ultra power saving mode
Brighter screen with the lowest outdoor light reflection (pretty much every display feature except resolution is improved).
Revamped Touchwiz that is simpler and lighter than previous version.

You are bound to your opinion and may consider S5 not worth upgrading to. But saying it's the same phone as S4 exception camera doesn't seem right.

Reactions: Lennatron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones