• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will you/which micro SD card will you buy?

Upvote 0
Here is a great thread talking about just this subject.

Looks like Class 2 is really going to be sufficient for most peoples needs. The only thing it lags on is the actual time it takes to transfer files from your computer to the card.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/65837-class-2-class-6-microsdhc.html

Read that (and posted in the thread). The "Class" that a card is rated refers ONLY to the write time to the card. I plan on using the camera and video camera a lot (and writing to the card), so I'm just not as comfortable with a Class 2 card.

Upvote 0
Wow, I did not realize the card situation. More stuff to think about. For some reason I thought it was a lot cheaper

It should drop in price some once SanDisk releases it to retailers and they discount it to compete with each other. Since they are currently only selling it on their website, they're charging a premium. 32GB is also the largest microSD card we'll ever see (they're moving to a different form factor for larger capacity cards), so I'm expecting prices to stay higher than we'd like.

Makes me really wish that the microSD card wasn't under the battery. :(

Upvote 0
I'm definitely going to just hang on to the current 8 gig card for a few months and see where the prices of the bigger cards go - I'll likely jump straight to 32 gigs. I want to put a sizable amount of my favorite music on the phone, something like 15 gigs, so that I always have it. The rest of the memory will probably be mostly for movies, since I plan on taking advantage of the HDMI port to use as a media player on my workout TV.

Anyhow. Once I can pick up a 32 gig card for somewhere in the vicinity of 100 bucks or I can get a 16 gig card for 20 bucks or so, I'll jump.

Edit: Here's a 16 gig for 32 bucks.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ChristmasLights
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones