• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wimax/4g

Just curious what kernel you decided to go with with this rom? Wonder if it coud be the prob? either an incompatible one or a bad load.

It wouldn't mess up your setup to WIPE cache and dalvik cache and flash the kernel again. I use Golden Monkey with it and I haven't had those issues.

good luck!

Upvote 0
Just curious what kernel you decided to go with with this rom? Wonder if it coud be the prob? either an incompatible one or a bad load.

It wouldn't mess up your setup to wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash the kernel again. I use Golden Monkey with it and I haven't had those issues.

good luck!
;) just in case anyone with less experience / understanding visits this thread.

That is actually a good point, it could have been a bad flash or a cache/davlik cache issue or some sort.

Upvote 0
i'm currently using the chop suey kernel. i was using golden monkey, but switched because it was recommended in order to use hdmwin app. if i'm understanding you correctly your saying wipe cache,davlik reboot then flash golden monkey, and then flash the radio,wimax combo??

it is a great idea to check for your Wimax keys, as suggested and linked first.

What i was thinking was that maybe you had a bad flash of your kernel.It shouldn't change your settings and rom but wouldn't hurt to do the nandroid backup first, just to be on the safe side. I was suggesting wiping, not flashing :eek:, Cache and Dalvik Cache and then, w/o rebooting, flashing the kernel of your choice. Seeing if that made a difference. The golden monkey kernel has been good for me and others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones