• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Winamp can't "discover" my Eris..

Steel36

Mar 23, 2010
Northeast Georgia
I setup Winamp and synced it to my Incredible w/ no problems. Then I plugged in my wife's Eris and accidentally told winamp no when it asked if drive K was the one I was attempting to sync (it wasn't the drive I was expecting to show up). Now, no matter what I do when mounting the phone as a disk drive, I can't get Winamp to see the device. Ideas?

i am having the same issue. i use winamp on my pc, but didn't want to use it on my phone at first, however with the new features i have now installed.
i am having the same issue, didn't want winamp to manage my phone, and now "discover" does nothing.
i tried looking on my pc for the "pconfig.dcf" mentioned, but no dice. very good chance i was looking in the wrong place.

any other ideas? would really prefer not to have to reinstall... thanks.

Upvote 0
hey just wanted to answer this, i was having the same problem (accidentally put my usb drive on the "blacklist" for winamp)

anyway in winamp
go to options>preferances (or press ctrl+p)
under the Plugins on the left side at the bottom, press Portables
select "Nullsoft USB Device Plug-in vx.x [pmp_usb.dll]
after selecting the above, click on "configure selected plug-in"
with the drive pluged in(so you what drive to pick) and pick your drive from the drop down menu...click un-blacklist drive and click close

hope it helps somebody

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones