• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Winamp Playlist Selective Syncing

torpid

Lurker
Jun 26, 2010
Motorola Droid:A855
Android 2.2
WinampV5.59 Beta
Winamp App 0.9.1

Wireless Syncing issue.

I was able to discover my android device easy enough with the Desktop Winamp Application. The trouble is, when i go to 'Sync,' it wants to move my entire Music collection to my device. I don't want it to do this.

On the desktop application, you can select options from the top row menu, then down to Preferences. Within this, you can select your device under portables. This provides you with four tabs, Sync-AutoFill-Transcoding-View.

From sync and autofill, you can manipulate the actions of sync and autofill when you right click on your device and select the respective feature. This is found in the right pane of the main winamp application, under portables, right click and you have the option to sync or autofill.

I have a lot of music, some of it, just completes the album. It's quite large, larger than 14gbs. Roughly what can fit on my Micro SD card in my phone.

I have a favorite, playlist.

From the Sync tab, you can select Update Selected Playlists Only, Fill the radial, check the playlist from the box. Close.

Right click on my device, sync.

There's music on your device
Leav it alone? Delete it? Copy to local Media Library?

Preferably, I'd like to leave it alone because it's my work around for this issue at the moment, but, I've tried delete it too.

You can expand more and see all of the 5k+ songs it's dripping to move over to my phone.

I've been bold and clicked ok anyway, only for it to tell me
You poor stupid smuck, there isn't enough room on your device, but, I've squeezed as much as possible on there, here it is, all queued up, waiting for transfer.

Much to my dismay, but, probably for my own safety, i can't stop the transfers. So i turn my phone off.

Now, I've restarted the application after making these changes.
Restarted the phone, heck, I even restarted the computer, because I sleep at night.

No change.

I'm going to post this on the winamp forums too, but, they seem to be down.

Any advice, slights insinuating ambiguity to my sexual preferences, or similar pains are ok.

Edit-
Post on Winamp Forums:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33vnqv8
http://tinyurl.com/33vnqv8

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones